Philosophy and Curriculum
Rosewood is recognized for its unique approach to education and caring. We believe that a holistic developmentally appropriate educational approach that nourishes the children as a whole -thinking, willing, feeling, is the key for children to become a well-rounded, compassionate, independent and free thinking individuals capable to reach their highest potential in all their future endeavors.
- A developmentally appropriate curriculum that engages and nurtures the whole child -head, heart and hands, steeped in practical meaningful work, hands-on activities and creative imaginative play based.
- A warm and nurturing environment where children can unfold at their own pace and without feeling rushed.
- We believe that play is the true work of childhood. Learning by doing in a creative and nurturing environment provides a solid bedrock for critical thinking, problem-solving strategies, social and emotional competence.
- Our commitment to recognize and value the magic of childhood and create a space that honors and nurtures the physical, social-emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of young children
- An ecological and nature-based curriculum. This curriculum focuses on the relationship of the human being to their surrounding environment, attention to the earthly and seasonal phenomenon, sustainable practices, and stewardship. It nurtures the experience of our relationship with nature.
- Relationship-based care (bonding and continuity), as fundamental need on the relationship of the human beings, families, and communities. The physical setting is home-like rather than institutional or school-like.
- Place-based education by anchoring learning in a child's sense of place. Children connect to the places they live in and participate in community that makes a difference to themselves and others.
- A safe environment, where each child can feel encouraged to continue to cultivate their own unique gifts and develop capacities, feel nurtured and protected from the over-stimulating effects of sensory overload.
- A supportive and committed inclusive community where everyone's needs are met with respect, understanding, love and compassion.
- A seamless interplay between school life and home life with the ultimate goal to become a collaborative, interactive, empowering and a nurturing community.